The BuckHook™ system is ideal for users in the Tower and Substation field, this system uses a shepherd’s hook attached to a fiberglass pole to fit over angle irons. Users will attach a lifeline with a rope grab to the head of the BuckHook™ and then attach a rope grab to oneself to give the user fall protection.
*Usually ships within 7 to 10 days
The BuckHook™ KIT includes all the components necessary for a “First man up” to have all the safety and fall protection needed to make a safe ascent. The Kit Includes:
- BuckHook™ (50371U)
- Offers fall protection during ascent and decent.
- LifeLine (39S2Q2)
- A 16ft. Lifeline- 7/16” - 1/2” Semi Static Kernmantle Rope.
- Stitched eye with steel thimble at one end.
- Tight eye with weighted bag on the other end.
- Mobile Fall Arrestor (5004L3)
- Fits 1/2” & 7/16” Kernmantle rope.
- Made of Light aluminum alloy.
- Rolling Cam for better braking.
- Device moves freely during ascent and decent but locks up in the event of a fall.
- Comes with Steel ANSI rated triple action carabiner.
- Kit Carry Bag (45400R2-18)
Easy Steps for using the BuckHook™ system:
- Attach a short lifeline and mobile fall arrestor to sternal attachment on harness. For connecting lanyards longer than 12" a shock pack should be attached to the dorsal attachment.
- Using the extension pole with BuckHook™ and 7/16" or ½" non-stretch rope attached, lift and secure hook onto lattice so that the end of the pole is below foot level.
- Once in place, climb up near BuckHook™.
- Secure secondary positioning lanyard around tower leg. Once secure, move BuckHook™ to next highest point making sure end of the pole is below user's feet.
- Once at the work site user should secure an anchor sling to a suitable anchorage point. The primary vertical lifeline can then be attached to the anchor sling.
- Once the lifeline is installed, other climbers can connect their harness to a mobile fall arrester and ascend and descend the lifeline.
*Order Model 5004L1 (ASAP LOCK) for another mobile fall arrest option with your Lifeline included with the Kit. The ASAP Lock was designed to facilitate manipulations during ascents.
Other fine products
- New Products
- Arborist Equipment
- Aerial Basket Accessories
- Climber Gaffs & Protectors
- Climber Pads & Foot Straps
- Climber Accessories
- Climbing Aids
- Fliplines & Accessories
- Harnesses & Shock Absorbing Lanyards
- Hydraulic Tools
- Pruners/Saws/Blades & Accessories
- Rigging Blocks/Pulleys & Slings
- Rope & Web Lanyards/Prusiks
- Rope & Equipment Bags
- Saddle Accessories
- Throw Bags/Lines & Accessories
- Tree Trimming Kits
- Bucket-Fall Protection
- Canvas & Fiberglass Products
- Climbing & Fall Protection
- Compression & Cutting Tools
- Hand Tools
- Hydraulic Tools
- Ladder & Rooftop Fall Protection
- Line Construction Tools
- Live Line Tools
- Testers & Meters
- Tower Fall Protection & Rescue
- Tool Service & Repair